Full-color photographs and detailed instructions guide you through everything you need to know, from tools and materials to cutting veneer to techniques such as the window method, fretsawing, sandshading, harewood, penwork and making fine lines.
Tutorial projects enable you to practice your skills on a number of designs, such as a convex corner fan, rose, shell, chessboard, and chevron. Four projects include a tray, pier table, jewelry box, and fire screen.
Table of Contents
- Tools and equipment, materials, techniques
- Historical background, assembling fans by template method, window method, fretsaw method, parquetry
- Mounting, two stage pressing, bordering styles
- Cleaning, sanding, finishing
- Projects - Oval gallery table, Pier table, Jewelery box, Fire screen
- Furniture makers gallery
- Templates for designs in chapter 2
- Drawings for designs in chapter 5